MEETING OF THE TRANSPORTATION POLICY COUNCILFOR THE HOUSTON-GALVESTON TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT AREA3555 TIMMONS LANE, 2ND FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM BFRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 20189:30 a.m.
1. Certification of quorum -– Quorum requirement is 14 members (Chairman Matt Sebesta)
3. Public CommentsPersons wishing to provide public comment on TPC agenda items are requested to limit their comment to 3 minutes.
4. Approval of Friday, December 21, 2018 Meeting Minutes Summary (Secretary Tom Reid)
ACTION: COMMENDATIONS5. Resolutions of Commendation for Outgoing TPC Members (Chairman Sebesta)Chairman Sebesta will request approval of a Resolution of Commendation for Commission Chair, Janiece Longoria.
ACTION: ORGANIZATIONAL6. Approval of TPC Nominating Committee Recommendations (Committee Chair) A. 2019 TPC Officers - Chairman Elect Commissioner Ken Clark will accept the gavel from Past Chair Matt Sebesta B. At-large position on the TPC for Other Transportation Interests C. 16 at-large positions on the Technical Advisory Committee D. 23 at-large positions on the Transportation Safety Committee
7. Appointment/Reappointment of TPC Ex-Officio Members (Chairman Ken Clark)Chairman Clark will appoint/reappoint Ex-Officio members to the TPC.
ACTION: AMENDMENTS8. Amendments to the 2040 RTP and 2019-2022 TIP (Mr. Jim Dickinson, H-GAC)A. Resolution for Approval of Amendments to the 2019–2022 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)There were no amendments for Council action this month.B. Administrative Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review any approved administrative amendments to the TIP or RTP as information to the TPC C. Briefing on Future Amendments to the TIP and RTPStaff will review requested TPC amendments to the TIP and RTP for future action.
OTHER ACTION9. Resolution for Approval of an Amendment to the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan and the 2019 -2022Transportation Improvement Program to add High Speed Rail (Mr. Adam Beckom, H-GAC) Mr. Beckom will request TPC approval of a Resolution amending the 2040 Regional Transportation Plan.
INFORMATION10. 2018 Call for Projects Draft Recommendations (Mr. Alan Clark, H-GAC)Mr. Clark will review the 2018 Call for Projects and present draft recommendations.
11. Safety Performance Measures and Targets (Mr. Stephan Gage, H-GAC)Mr. Gage will provide an update on the Safety Performance Measures and Targets..
12. Report on Transportation Planning Activities A. H-GAC Planning Activities Report (1) 2045 RTP Public Meeting Update (2) HPMS Update (3) Legislative Update (4) Ethics Policy Acknowledgement Form
B. H-GAC Board of Directors Report
13. Announcements • High Capacity Transit Task Force Meeting, Friday January 25th immediately following TPC meeting • Brown Bag Lunch Series – “Houston Airports” Monday, January 28, 2019, H-GAC offices, Rm B, Noon-1:00 p.m. • Next TAC meeting – February 13, 2019, Rm B at 9:30 a.m. • Next TPC meeting – February 22, 2019, Rm B at 9:30 a.m.